Kings Lynn

Post Reply
Shot To Bits
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 6:57 pm
Kings Lynn

Post by Shot To Bits » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:21 am

So Kings Lynn are next up.

They have lost their last 7 games. Scored 4, and in 5 of those games went scoreless.

They have conceded 19 in those 7 games, 14 of which came in their last 3 matches.

So you're MM...

Do you continue with the same XI who've won the last 2 matches? For obvious reasons...

Or do you take the view do we really need to play against this team

5 defenders
1 defensive midfielder
1 up front

As we have been doing the last twice. Where, let's be fair, we have struggled to create chances in open play, and have left Andrews increasingly isolated...

I say switch it up. Make a personnel change or two. This is a game we could and should win. A great chance to win another game against a poor team. Let's be a bit more attack minded and create more chances.

What do you think?
What changes would you make if any?

HarryTom
Posts: 1055
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by HarryTom » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:27 am

Shot To Bits wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:21 am
So Kings Lynn are next up.

They have lost their last 7 games. Scored 4, and in 5 of those games went scoreless.

They have conceded 19 in those 7 games, 14 of which came in their last 3 matches.

So you're MM...

Do you continue with the same XI who've won the last 2 matches? For obvious reasons...

Or do you take the view do we really need to play against this team

5 defenders
1 defensive midfielder
1 up front

As we have been doing the last twice. Where, let's be fair, we have struggled to create chances in open play, and have left Andrews increasingly isolated...

I say switch it up. Make a personnel change or two. This is a game we could and should win. A great chance to win another game against a poor team. Let's be a bit more attack minded and create more chances.

What do you think?
What changes would you make if any?
If no injury's, stick with a winning team, and change through the game as and when.

Shot To Bits
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 6:57 pm
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by Shot To Bits » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:31 am

So do you start with JBA who turned the game last night, or Alfie who started and was subbed or Vennings who replaced Alfie?

HarryTom
Posts: 1055
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by HarryTom » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:36 am

Shot To Bits wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:31 am
So do you start with JBA who turned the game last night, or Alfie who started and was subbed or Vennings who replaced Alfie?
Sorry, i thought i was pretty clear ....Start with the same 11 as per last 2 winning games, and change player or system as and when ,if required

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 5307
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:37 am

Shot To Bits wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:31 am
So do you start with JBA who turned the game last night, or Alfie who started and was subbed or Vennings who replaced Alfie?
I think Vennings replaced Alfie didn't he ?

MM admitted JBA wasn't fit , so I would start with the same winning team and change if needed.

They will be keen to revenge last nights thrashing as we did v Grimsby so we need to be very wary of this fixture.

Alex
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by Alex » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:40 am

Shot To Bits wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:21 am
So Kings Lynn are next up.

They have lost their last 7 games. Scored 4, and in 5 of those games went scoreless.

They have conceded 19 in those 7 games, 14 of which came in their last 3 matches.

So you're MM...

Do you continue with the same XI who've won the last 2 matches? For obvious reasons...

Or do you take the view do we really need to play against this team

5 defenders
1 defensive midfielder
1 up front

As we have been doing the last twice. Where, let's be fair, we have struggled to create chances in open play, and have left Andrews increasingly isolated...

I say switch it up. Make a personnel change or two. This is a game we could and should win. A great chance to win another game against a poor team. Let's be a bit more attack minded and create more chances.

What do you think?
What changes would you make if any?
And breathe…

Chill out and enjoy last nights win for a bit longer than just a few hours!

CH
Posts: 1055
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by CH » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:53 am

Might be forced into a personnel/formation change if KLF isn't fit

sugrues flying headbutt
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:09 pm
Location: Guildford
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by sugrues flying headbutt » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:43 pm

I agree that it will be interesting to see if MM perseveres with the same starting XI who have won us six points in the last two games or changes things up.

On paper the XI is not the strongest we have but has ground out results and scored from set pieces, which probably tells you a lot about this league, but also the character of the players.

For me the return of Harris and Fowler from loan and Lokko, Phillips and Traore from injury would improve the side and add even more of a set piece threat. Harris and Sylla would be a formidable CM pairing with work rate and battle and Lokko and Phillips would presumably step in for KLF and the Ox.

Shots91
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:12 am
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by Shots91 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:19 pm

we need to hit them hard, from the looks of it their defence looks very fragile especially if anyone saw the 6 goals they let in against Wrexham and another 5 last night which I haven't seen.
So the defence confidence must be shot to bits at the moment. So what ever team we put out is just go for it just pile it on them.

A.T.F.C 92
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:24 pm
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by A.T.F.C 92 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:32 pm

CH wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:53 am
Might be forced into a personnel/formation change if KLF isn't fit
Broken nose should be OK Saturday

Danny's Shovel
Posts: 1071
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 11:17 am
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by Danny's Shovel » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:41 pm

The most important of the season this, we can put distance between us and others.

But how have we got better? Several reasons.

Going with 3 centre halfs, Ox & KLF look better in this system and we don't give away as many chances.

Getting goals from set plays, all 3 goals we scored v Grimsby & yesterday were scored this way.

No coincidence these 2 wins have come with Saunders & Sylla both making their home debuts in the Grimsby games, these 2 are great additions, Sylla reminds me abit of Manny O the way he plays & Saunders for a young lad, has abit of swagger & nastiness, aswell as a weapon of a throw, he will be a player when he is older & these 2 are the 1st names on the teamsheet for me now.

Bettamer & Wagstaff making away after the Barnet games, both passengers, don't involved enough, leave out.

Interesting Edser, who is a good footballer, but doesn't do enough in games has been out these last 2 wins.

Alfie coming back into cm for Grimsby games, it's what he does plays brilliant for 4/5 games form drops, gets taken out for a few games, goes back in does well repeat repeat.... Good player to have.

Andrews up top, the kid can finish as we saw a couple of months back, but he hasnt scored at home this season, or at all since MM has been here, 13 or so games? Should be taken out, as he isn't even getting chances really and doesn't do enough.

Lastly, have to stay with this system for me, if KLF has a broken nose, get George in as Maidstone fans like him alot, best player in many of their games, non league paper team of the day Sunday, it's a must he stays.

latimeralder
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:01 pm
Location: Surrey
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by latimeralder » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:01 pm

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was JBA, not Vennings who changed the game for us yesterday.

No disrepect at all to JV who is a cultured and classy footballer and he would always be in contention for a place in my side.

But JBA's surging runs from midfield and general on pitch presence made hin a real handful last night.

Reminded me of another midfielder called Jacob who (at his best) did exactly the same.

Jakey Gallagher

baldershot
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:27 pm
Location: Solihull
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by baldershot » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:34 pm

sugrues flying headbutt wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:43 pm
I agree that it will be interesting to see if MM perseveres with the same starting XI who have won us six points in the last two games or changes things up.

On paper the XI is not the strongest we have but has ground out results and scored from set pieces, which probably tells you a lot about this league, but also the character of the players.

For me the return of Harris and Fowler from loan and Lokko, Phillips and Traore from injury would improve the side and add even more of a set piece threat. Harris and Sylla would be a formidable CM pairing with work rate and battle and Lokko and Phillips would presumably step in for KLF and the Ox.
I assume you mean Toure, not Traore?

According to Transfermarket and SofaScore sites, his loan ended on 21 November. I haven't seen anything from the club?

Shot To Bits
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 6:57 pm
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by Shot To Bits » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:33 pm

Danny's Shovel wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:41 pm
The most important of the season this, we can put distance between us and others.

But how have we got better? Several reasons.

Going with 3 centre halfs, Ox & KLF look better in this system and we don't give away as many chances.

Getting goals from set plays, all 3 goals we scored v Grimsby & yesterday were scored this way.

No coincidence these 2 wins have come with Saunders & Sylla both making their home debuts in the Grimsby games, these 2 are great additions, Sylla reminds me abit of Manny O the way he plays & Saunders for a young lad, has abit of swagger & nastiness, aswell as a weapon of a throw, he will be a player when he is older & these 2 are the 1st names on the teamsheet for me now.

Bettamer & Wagstaff making away after the Barnet games, both passengers, don't involved enough, leave out.

Interesting Edser, who is a good footballer, but doesn't do enough in games has been out these last 2 wins.

Alfie coming back into cm for Grimsby games, it's what he does plays brilliant for 4/5 games form drops, gets taken out for a few games, goes back in does well repeat repeat.... Good player to have.

Andrews up top, the kid can finish as we saw a couple of months back, but he hasnt scored at home this season, or at all since MM has been here, 13 or so games? Should be taken out, as he isn't even getting chances really and doesn't do enough.

Lastly, have to stay with this system for me, if KLF has a broken nose, get George in as Maidstone fans like him alot, best player in many of their games, non league paper team of the day Sunday, it's a must he stays.
With regards to Andrews, he is being asked to play the lone front man role, but it so doesn't suit him.

He is better facing the opponents goals not with his back to it. He's supposed to be doing a hold up role to bring the other midfielders into play.

But he's not physical enough. He often has the attention of up to 3 defenders around him kicking and pushing him around.

He's then not helped by our midfield failing to get far enough up the pitch to support him. So it becomes a fruitless exercise.

aldershot-jg
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by aldershot-jg » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:36 pm

I think they are very much in the state of mind that we were not so long ago, if we can punish a mistake, get the first goal etc. then it should knock their confidence. We aren’t going to score 5 or 6, I’d be more than happy to get another one goal win again, regardless of our previous 2 results this is a game that we have got to be winning.


Post Reply